Understanding the business
The big picture of your business
AZYBAO is the first training organisation accredited for OBASHI® by the APMG in Belgium and France.
The method originates from Scotland and helps businesses understand how they function by the creation and analysis of diagrams called B&ITS and DAVs which illustrates the means, tools and systems allowing information to flow from a originator to a receiver.
OBASHI is a “new standard” way of thinking about how business works and is available as a methodology, a professional accreditation and software.
How does OBASHI help you
Understanding clearly the weak links in the IT structure helps make the right decision about which projects should be prioritized.
Our courses aim at allowing decision-makers create a set of tools to help them analyze what should be their focus in their portfolio.
Most of our OBASHI® courses and workshops are in-house so that our clients can gain quick results and help use the method immediately.
However, we would like to share our knowledge and experience of the method during open courses the dates of which you will find in our training calendar.
The OBASHI certification is an exam-based qualification composed of one simple level :
OBASHI FOUNDATION – 2 day Course + exam
- Who it is for
- For Individuals
- For Businesses
- Learning points
- Provide a structure for capturing and showing the relationships and dependencies between business assets, IT assets and resources.
- Create a visual map of an organization in order to understand the current state of the business before implementing change.
- Map how data flows around a business to highlight how the business works and document logical and physical relationships.
- Connect silos that exist within a current operation without compromising existing IT structure.
- Deliver benefits at every level of the organization and facilitate corporate strategic thinking.
- Get a clear picture of how the business works and accurately understand cost and value of IT to the business.
- Use a common language and universally understood methodology to overcome departmental silos and attain better understanding of operational risk.
- Transform productivity by effectively managing budget cuts while maintaining output levels.
- Offer a transparent and holistic view of the current business state when developing business cases or dealing with mergers and acquisitions.
- Assess how best to reduce electricity consumption, meet sustainability targets and support ISO/IEC 20000 compliance.
This level aims to measure whether you can act as an informed member of a management team which is using the OBASHI method to understand and assess an organisation.
To this end you need to show you understand the principles and terminology of the method.
- Multiple choice
- 50 questions
- 30 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) - 60%
- 60 minutes duration
- Providing a structure for capturing and showing the relationships and dependencies between business assets, IT assets and resources.
- How to create a visual map of an organization in order to understand the current state of the business before implementing change.
- Mapping how data flows around a business to highlight how the business works and document logical and physical relationships.
- Connecting silos that exist within a current operation without compromising existing IT structure.
- Delivering benefits at every level of the organization and facilitate corporate strategic thinking.
OBASHI allows you to create a visual map that shows:
- how your business works
- the assets that make it work
- the inter-dependencies between those assets
- a clear pathway for refining company processes and procedures.
With OBASHI you can design, monitor and optimize your business better; in a way which is easy to understand and, more importantly, easy to communicate across the rest of the business.
Whether your challenge is reducing costs, driving competitive advantage or both; you need to think OBASHI.
Why is OBASHI important for your business
Upcoming OBASHI courses
All our prices are exc. VAT.
OBASHI® is a registered trademark of OBASHI Ltd. All rights reserved. The APMG International OBASHI and Swirl Device is a trademark of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.