What is MoP ?
Portfolio management is defined as a coordinated collection of strategic processes and decisions that together enable the most effective balance of organizational change and business as usual.
Management of Portfolios (MoP®) approaches the management of change projects and programmes from a strategic viewpoint.
It provides an overview of all change activities including what is in the portfolio, what it is costing, what risks are faced, what progress is being made, and what the impact is on business as usual and the organization’s strategic objectives.
The Management of Portfolios (MoP) guidance has been developed to provide senior executives and decision makers with an overview of portfolio management - the principles upon which it is based, some of the techniques used, and how to get started and sustain progress.
MoP is closely aligned to the programme and project management methodologies outlined in MSP® and PRINCE2®, but focuses on the management of the change that is delivered by formalized project and programme management, rather than the individual initiatives.
The guidance addresses the key concepts of portfolio management, its benefits to an organization and how it fits in with current business processes.
- Who is it for?
- Benefits for Individuals
- Benefits for Organisations
The course is designed for anyone involved in the management of a portfolio of programmes and project who wishes to see how they can be coordinated and bring a new energy to the totality of investments of an organisation.
- Remove redundant, duplicate and poorly performing programmes and projects.
- Improve coordination of existing functions and processes.
- Ensure constrained resources are allocated to optimize strategic impact, coordinate delivery and maintain strategic alignment.
- Invest in programmes and projects in the context of the current environmental conditions and better coordinate investment in programmes and projects, improve the management of risk and encourage collaborative working.
- Enhance transparency, accountability and corporate governance.
The purpose of the Foundation certification is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding to work as an informed member of a Portfolio Office or in a range of portfolio management roles. The Foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner certification. Exam Format
- Multiple choice
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book.
The purpose of the Practitioner certification is to confirm you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor the MoP guidance and to analyse portfolio data, documentation and roles in relation to a scenario situation. You should, with suitable support, be able to advise on the implementation of appropriate practices and techniques, and apply the method to a live portfolio, but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Your individual expertise, the complexity of the portfolio, and the support provided will also influence the impact the Practitioner can achieve. Exam Format
- Objective testing
- 4 questions per paper with 20 marks available per question – all question items will be worth 1 mark, making the total number of marks available per paper 80
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- 3 hours duration
- Open book exam (MoP guide only).
azybao by Bizness Academie is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) licensed by Peoplecert on behalf of AXELOS Limited.
Peoplecert is the organisation that administers MoP, accredits trainers and course materials and sets the examinations.
The Swirl logo™ is a Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited.
MoP® is a Registered Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited.