Better Business Cases
a systematic and objective approach
WHAT IS Better Business Cases ?
Better Business Cases ™ is a systematic and objective approach to all stages of the business case development process that sits alongside, and complements, HM Treasury’s Green Book guidance.
The course and examination are based on The Five Case Model, the UK government’s best practice approach to planning spending proposals and enabling effective business decisions.
This provides a step by step guide to developing a business case, by:
- Establishing a clear need for intervention – a case for change
- Setting clear objectives – what you want to achieve from the investment
- Considering a wide range of potential solutions – ensuring an optimal balance of benefits, cost and risk
- Putting the arrangements in place to successfully deliver the proposal.
We teach our Better Business Cases Foundation and Practitioner certification courses in both classroom and live tutor-led online classroom style.
The Better Business Cases certification is an exam-based qualification composed of two levels :
Foundation and Practitioner.
Better Business Cases FOUNDATION – 2 day Course + exam
Better Business Cases PRACTITIONER – 2 day Course + exam
- Who it is for
- For Individuals
- For Businesses
The course is relevant to those responsible for developing and producing solutions to manage and engage with change;
- Change Managers
- Change Directors
- Change Agents
- An improved understanding of the Better Business Case process, relevant to both those responsible for producing business cases and those who approve them.
- Understanding of an established and proven methodology which can be applied at both strategic (macro) and tactical (micro) levels.
- Core business competency for any manager or director.
- Reduce unnecessary spend and optimize public value.
- Reduce consultancy costs.
- Faster throughput and a clear, proportionate approval process.
- Improve quality of decision making.
The purpose of the foundation certification is to confirm that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the guidance to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a team to develop a business case using the Five Case Model.
- Multiple Choice
- 50 questions
- 25 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book.
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether you have achieved sufficient understanding of the theory and application of the Five Case Model to allow them to effectively develop and produce a business case. A successful Practitioner candidate should be able to start applying the model to a real project.
- Objective testing
- 4 questions per paper, with 20 marks available per question
- 40 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- 2 ½ hours duration
- Open book exam (International Guide to developing the Project Business Case and International Guide to developing the Programme Business Case only).
azybao by BiznessCoach Ltd is an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) licensed by Peoplecert on behalf of AXELOS Limited.
Peoplecert is the organisation that administers MoP, accredits trainers and course materials and sets the examinations.