AGILE PROJECT MANAGEMENT
For Teams who do the work
The APMG-International AgilePM® certification aims to address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who want to be agile.
Combine flexibility with proven process for successful agile project delivery.
Our AgilePM guidance, developed in partnership with the Agile Business Consortium, offers a practical and repeatable methodology that achieves an ideal balance between the standards, rigour and visibility required for good project management, and the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by agile.
The focus of agile project management is on developing solutions incrementally enabling project teams to react effectively to changing requirements, whilst empowering project personnel and encouraging increased collaboration and ownership.
The guidance is based on the Agile Business Consortium's Agile Project Framework and is underpinned by the framework's eight principles for effective agile project delivery:
The AgilePM guidance and supporting training courses explain how to lay the foundations for successful agile projects and manage an agile project from start to finish.
AgilePM certification is aimed at aspiring and practising project managers, and at team members wishing to adopt a fast-paced, flexible and collaborative approach to project management whilst maintaining standards and rigour.
- For Individuals
- For Businesses
- Develop a more advanced, applied level of knowledge to gain an understanding of agile and the ability to apply relevant project management methods, leading to successful agile projects.
- Clarify different management styles needed for successful agile projects compared to traditional projects and be able to tailor these to the situation.
- Actively promote trust and close co-operation between the business and developers and gives the business ongoing visibility into what is happening.
- Combine knowledge of more traditional management methodologies with agile to better adapt to a changing business environment.
- Improve time-to-market and project success rates while simultaneously accelerating results by encouraging stakeholder involvement, feedback and effective controls.
- Deliver change faster, at a lower cost and with lower risk by continually validating project milestones against business objectives.
- Complements and works with existing corporate processes such as PRINCE2®, quality and audit processes which improves rigour and visibility around project management, leading to a proven track record of successful delivery in a corporate environment.
- Simply adopt a tried and tested approach rather than developing and integrating a company-specific agile management process.
- Achieve better communication and control over projects and adapt project plans without disrupting the project budget, timescale and scope.
- Develop professionalism in employees and include agile certification in employee professional development schemes.
The foundation AgilePM certification lives up to its name by providing the users of the method with the core principles needed to facilitate a successful project, while allowing a degree of scope and agility that not many other methodologies provide.
With a clear, concise and detailed perspective on project productivity, the AgilePM certification is useful to all candidates and competency levels ranging from highly experienced project managers to those new to the industry.
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book.
The practitioner level empowers, encourages and equips you with an in-depth knowledge of not just the certification, but also how to apply and implement these principles into the life of a project manager on a daily basis. Pre-requisites accepted to be eligible to take the Practitioner examination:
- AgilePM Foundation Certificate (either 2010 or 2014 version), or
- DSDM Atern Foundation Certificate, or
- DSDM Advanced Practitioner Certificate.
The practitioner examination is in the "Objective Testing" format of scenario, question and answer booklet.
- Objective testing
- 4 questions per paper, 20 marks available per question
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 2.5 hours duration
- Open book (restricted to the official manual only) examination.
AgilePM® is a registered trademark of Agile Business Consortium Limited. All rights reserved.